A6/Q7 Key learning device
The VAG key-learning device is dedicated to program keys for the A6 vehicles till 2011 and the Q7 till 2014.
These cars should be equipped with EDC16/EDC17/MED9/MED17 engine control unit.
The key-learning device is equipped with a key programmer, which allows to pre-code the blank keys
The device has following modes of operation:
- Program 1 to 4 keys to the car
The device consist of following parts:
- CAN-short adapter
- Key-learning device
Key learning procedure
You should specify the number of keys you want to learn using the SW1, SW2, SW3 and SW4In the table below you can find how the number of keys is specified:
The procedure is performed in following steps:
- Specify the number of keys which will be learned
- Connect the CAN connector of the device where the fuses are located
- Put the device in the OBDII and hold the new key in the ring of the antenna.
- Device will indicate successful end of work with two quick beeps and blinking slowly in green. At this moment you should give ignition ON with the key.
- If more than 1 key is specified – make ignition ON with each next key.
NOTE: All working keys will be erased and cannot be used anymore. So if you want simply to test the device, make a backup of the immo-data first.
Following indications shows the final result of the device:
- Success indication: After finished with success you can hear two short beeps and the LED is blinking slowly GREEN
- Error indication: In case of some error the LED is blinking RED fast. The buzzer make a long beep and then 1 to 5 short beeps indicating the error type as follows:
- short beep – no connection to engine control unit
- short beeps – PIN/CS of the ECU do not match to the PIN/CS of the immobilizer
- short beeps – Cannot pre-code the transponder. Either the transponder is not in the ring or it is locked. Transponders locked with this key-learning device can be re-used from it.
- short beeps – key-learning procedure is rejected from the immobilizer.
- short beeps – no connection to the immobilizer
A6 2005-2011 and Q7 2005-2014 vehicles with EDC16/EDC17/MED9/MED17.